Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond
- 1/2 cup thick teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound bacon, package sliced in half
- Special equipment: about 30 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes (up to 2 hours)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set a roasting rack in a large baking pan.
- To make the marinade, pour the teriyaki sauce in a bowl and then throw in the ginger, sugar, crushed red pepper, salt, garlic, green onions and lemon juice. Stir it around and set it aside.
- Next, cut the pineapple into chunks by lopping off the top, slicing off the rind, cutting the pineapple into wedges, slicing off the hard inner core and then cutting the slices into chunks. Store half the chunks in the fridge for snacking.
- Place a chunk of pineapple on top of a shrimp and then wrap the whole thing in one of the half-slices of bacon. Stick a skewer through the whole thing so that it holds the pineapple, shrimp and bacon securely, and lay it on the rack in the pan. Continue with the remaining ingredients. Brush each skewer generously with some of the marinade.
- Roast the skewers for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and brush with a second coat of marinade. Return the pan to the oven and roast until the bacon is sizzling and the shrimp is cooked, about 15 minutes.
>________________________________ > From: Sarafina’s Kitchen >To: firstname.lastname@example.org >Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:14 AM >Subject: [New post] Shrimp-Pineapple Skewers > > > > WordPress.com >sarafina1977 posted: ” Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond 1/2 cup thick teriyaki sauce 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger 1 tablespoon sugar 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 1 dash ” >
Comments are closed.