Make Ahead Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole With Veggies
Christmas morning has many traditions in our house. One of them is mimosas with breakfast…and breakfast is always a make-ahead casserole. This one was a huge hit.
Recipe adapted from Spoonful of Flavor
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 (28oz) package frozen tater tots
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped freshly parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Layer tater tots evenly over the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Spread veggie mixture over the top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Pour over the tater tots and veggies. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.**You can cover and refrigerate at this point if baking later.**
- Bake for 35 minutes or until eggs are set and top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve.
Please follow and like us: