Recipe from The Magical Slow Cooker
- 3-4 lb. pork loin (I use a center cut)
- 2 granny smith apples, sliced and divided
- 1 white onion, sliced
- ½ cup butter, sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. dried thyme or a few sprigs of fresh
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6-quart or larger
- Cut slits on the top of the pork loin, I cut about an inch down. Plug in apple slices into the slits. Set aside.
- Add the onions and remaining apple slices down in the slow cooker. Lay over the slices of butter.
- Add the pork loin.
- Sprinkle the pork with the salt, pepper and cinnamon. Add the thyme.
- Drizzle over the honey.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done. Remove the pork onto a platter and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice and serve.