Looking for a quick meal to make on a busy weeknight? Only have a few things in your fridge? Trying whipping up an egg scramble or frittata. I almost always have eggs, some kind of cheese, and leftover veg or meat to toss in it. I made this one last night. My kiddo always loves breakfast food at dinner and I love it because it’s easy to make.
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 c frozen hash browns with peppers and onions (often called Potatoes O’Brien)
- 6 eggs, whisked with a bit of milk
- 2 t smoked paprika
- 2 t garlic powder
- Several dashes of your favorite hot sauce (I use Tabañero)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c shredded cheese
- Dice the onion and sauté until soft. (Be sure to use a fairly large, oven-proof skillet.)
- Add the frozen hash browns. Spread them out in a single layer in the skillet and let them brown on one side before stirring and flipping to the other side. Repeat the browning on the 2nd side.
- While the onions and hash browns are cooking, whisk together the eggs, milk, spices, and hot sauce. Set your oven to a high broiler setting as well.
- Once the onions and hash browns are done, push them to one side of the pan and pour in your eggs. Slowly scramble them until they are almost set to your liking.
- Then mix them together with the onions and hashbrowns until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the scramble and put under your broiler until the cheesy is melted and bubbly
- Serve with extra hot sauce on the side and enjoy!
Serves 3. (2 eggs/person)