Robert Rose Inc. reached out to me a few weeks ago, and they sent me an advance copy of 125 Best Casseroles and One-Pot Meals. Talk about my kind of recipes! I love one-pot meals. Very few dishes to do, and well, they’re super delicious!
It was so hard to pick one recipe to feature on the blog, but Make-Ahead Mediterranean Chicken won out. It’s easy, healthy, and DELICIOUS.
Robert Rose was also nice enough to let me give away the copy they sent to me. If you’d like to win a free copy, see below.
- 12 boneless chicken break halves (with skin)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1 can (28 oz) plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, slivered
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp anchovy paste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 strips orange zest
- 24 pitted black olives
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; dredge lightly in flour.
- In heavy casserole or saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken in batches, adding more oil as needed. Transfer to plate.
- In pan drippings, cook onion and garlic over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is softened. Do not let garlic brown. Stir in wine and bring to boil, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, half of the parsley, vinegar, anchovy paste, thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage, cayenne, and orange zest; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken and any juices to pan; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Discard orange zest. Stir in olives. Taste and adjust seasoning. (Recipe can be cooled, covered, and refrigerated for up to 24 hours; reheat gently.) Serve garnished with remaining parsley.
To enter the contest, just answer the following question in the Comments section of this post: What is your favorite casserole to make? Be sure to include your email address so I can contact you if you win!
THE RULES One entry per person, please. Strictly enforced with all the might this Ginger can muster. Winners will be chosen randomly and announced Monday, March 17th.