from The Pioneer Woman
This is so quick and easy, you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it from scratch before. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination and your taste-buds. Next time, I plan on adding blue cheese…yum!
- 1 clove (to 2 Cloves) Garlic
- Salt To Taste
- 1/4 cup Italian Flat-leaf Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives
- 1 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Buttermilk (as Needed To Desired Consistency)
- White Vinegar (optional, To Taste)
- Worcestershire Sauce, To Taste (optional)
- Fresh Dill (optional, To Taste)
- Cayenne Pepper (optional, To Taste)
- Paprika (optional, To Taste)
- Fresh Oregano (optional, To Taste)
- Tabasco (optional, To Taste)
Mince the garlic with a knife and then sprinkle about an 1/8 to ¼ teaspoons of salt on it and mash it into a paste with a fork. Chop the parsley, chives and any of the optional herbs very finely and add to the garlic.
In a bowl combine all ingredients, adding other optional ingredients as you wish, tasting frequently and adjusting seasonings as needed. Chill for a couple of hours before serving, thin with milk or buttermilk if desired.