This a family favorite. You’ll never want regular pecan pie again.
(And please, it’s “puh-con”, not “pee-can”.)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, unbaked
- whipped cream, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, vanilla and flour. Mix well. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in Kahlua, corn syrup, evaporated milk and pecans. Mix well and pour into crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 325 degrees F and bake until firm, about 40 minutes. Refrigerate. If desired, serve with whipped cream.