Comfort food. Sunday dinner. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 white onion, diced finely (about 1 cup)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers
- Spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the cubed chicken to the slow cooker and top with the celery and onion.
- Sprinkle vegetables with celery seed, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Pour the cream of chicken soup over the vegetables and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours or when chicken is done, stir in the frozen vegetables and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables are heated through.
- While vegetables are cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake biscuits for 13-15 minutes.
- To serve, spoon some chicken filling on a plate or bowl and top with a biscuit that has been split in half.
Notes: I used 6 chicken thighs in place of the chicken breasts and used the vegetable medley containing corn, carrots, and asparagus tips.
[…] praying to the dough gods that your dough measures up.. and that’s just for one element! This slow cooker chicken pot pie is the answer to your prayers. Who knew that all this time you were praying to the easy weeknight […]
Hi! I just wanted to let you know I featured this recipe on my daily dinner ideas blog, What to Make for Dinner Tonight! Come check ‘er out 🙂
Cool! Thanks, Cheryl!
Comments are closed.