I love cheese. I love appetizers. I love kitschy Southern appetizers. I have many cheeseballs in my repertoire, and this one doesn’t disappoint.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) package buttermilk Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Chop the cooled bacon into small pieces.
- Stir together the cream cheese and ranch dressing mix in a bowl until smooth. Add the bacon, Cheddar cheese, green onions, and olives; stir until well combined. Shape the mixture into a ball and roll in the chopped pecans. Refrigerate overnight.