Koch Kase (cooked cheese)
- Mix in a bowl and let stand at least 30 minutes:
- 24 oz. cottage cheese (small curd, not drained)
- 2 teaspoons (level) baking soda
- Stir into cheese mixture:
- 5 tablespoons flour
- In a large nonstick fry pan melt:
- 2 sticks margarine (regular, not, diet)
- Add cheese mixture to melted margarine & cook until creamy (cottage cheese melted).
- When it is finished, add:
- caraway seeds, to taste
- Spread on fresh bread when the cheese is warm. If you have some dry smoked sausage from this area, it’s even better!
- Store in refrigerator & it will thicken. Good on crackers, too.