Ted Nugent’s Stuffed Rolled Venison Log
Notes: We substituted prosciutto and dry coppa for the ham and used bacon burger (venison ground with bacon fat). We also covered the top with more prosciutto.
- 2 pounds. ground venison
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Quaker Oats (uncooked)
- 4 tbls. A-1 Sauce
- 8 slices boiled deli ham
- 1 lbs. shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix venison, onion, oats, A-1, and salt & pepper, and shape into a loaf.
- Spread aluminum foil on a flat surface, and flatten loaf to approx. 12′ x
- 14″ and 1/2″ thick.
- Lay slices of ham on top to cover entire surface.
- Cover with cheese. Roll up and pinch sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour covered with foil.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 30 minutes until brown on top.