Recipe courtesy of Every Day Food Magazine
* 1/4 pound ground pork
* 1 tablespoon minced chives
* 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dry sherry
* 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
* 20 wonton wrappers (from a 12-ounce package)
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. In a bowl, combine pork, chives, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, sesame oil, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon water.
2. Place a heaping teaspoon of pork mixture in center of a wonton wrapper. Lightly wet edge of wrapper, fold over, and press to seal. Repeat to form remaining dumplings (makes 20).
3. In two batches, cook dumplings in a large pot of boiling water until cooked through, 4 minutes; transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon. In a large nonstick pan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. In two batches, cook until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Serve with dipping sauce.
Soy-Ginger Dipping Sauce
Makes about 1/2 cup
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1. In a bowl, stir together 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger, 2 teaspoons sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil.