Sarafina’s One-Pot Pasta
- 16 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, chopped or chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (I used 1 T lemon olive oil with 1 T regular – yum!)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water (or 3 cups of broth and 1 cup of white wine)
- 2-3 small Parmesan rinds to add to the stock (for creaminess)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Combine everything into the pot but the grated Parmesan. Make sure the pasta lays flat.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with grated Parmesan.
Please follow and like us: