Bread Crumb Salsa
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and coarsely ground pepper
- One 1 1/2-pound plain focaccia bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- ½ cup minced shallots
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup drained small capers
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Working in batches, pulse the focaccia in a food processor or blender until it is chopped into crumbs.
- Transfer the crumbs to a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil.
- Spread the bread crumbs on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake them for about 30 minutes or until browned, turning and stirring occasionally, until the crumbs are dry and golden.
- Let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the shallots with the vinegar and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add the capers and thyme, then slowly whisk in the remaining ½ cup of olive oil until blended.
- Add the bread crumbs, season with salt and pepper and toss well.
Please follow and like us: