Marinated Mushrooms and Asparagus Salad
Adapted from FigandFork.com
- 1 pound of mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pound asparagus, bottom two inches cut off
- 1 bunch scallions chopped large
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced thin
- a small bunch chives, cut one inch long
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fig balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Fill a large pot of water for blanching and bring to a boil. Add salt until it tastes like the ocean.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, coat a sauté pan with oil and turn to high heat. Add the mushrooms to the hot pan and let them sit for a minute to gain color. Shake them every minute or two to brown them on all sides. After five minutes and when they are deeply browned, add the chopped garlic. Gently toss or stir a few times, then remove from heat and place in a mixing bowl. Add the vinegar and scallions. Toss and let cool.
- Blanch the asparagus in the boiling salted water for two minutes. Remove and shock in ice water. Let sit in the ice water to completely cool, about two minutes. Remove and cut each spear in thirds on a bias and add to the mushroom bowl.
- Finally add your fresh chives, capers, and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper, and then toss one last time. Keep in the refrigerator until served. This will hold up well for three days.
Please follow and like us: