I got this recipe from my Dad. He made these for Jackson’s birthday party, and everyone went crazy for them. They’re great for parties and potluck meals. We served them with brisket and coleslaw.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. sorghum or other molasses
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) pork ‘n beans
- 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) butter beans, drained
- 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook ground beef until browned, breaking up and stirring as it cooks.
- Add onion and cook until tender; drain off excess grease.
- Add remaining ingredients, except bacon.
- Put in casserole or crock pot and top with bacon crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for an hour, or cook in covered slow cooker or crockpot on HIGH for 1 hour, then reduce heat to LOW and cook 2 to 4 hours.
Please follow and like us: