Puffed Pastry Pizza
- 1 whole Sheet Frozen Puffed Pastry
- Olive Oil For Brushing
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mozzarella, Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 8 ounces, weight Mushrooms, Washed And Sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 cup White Whine
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 8 whole Yellow And/or Red Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese (chevre)
- 12 whole Basil Leaves (chiffonade)
- Thaw the puffed pastry on the counter for 45 minutes or in the fridge for several hours.
- When thawed, carefully open the sheet, then slice it in half down the middle. Place both halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a baking mat.
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees, then start on the pizza toppings.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute mushrooms and garlic in the butter for 2 minutes, then pour in the wine and season with salt and pepper. Allow to continue cooking for 5-7 minutes, until mushrooms are cooked down and liquid is mostly gone. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To build the pizzas: Brush a thin layer of olive oil in the center part of each half of puffed pastry.
- On each half, sprinkle on half the cheese so that it covers all but a 1/2 inch border all around the pastry.
- On one half, sprinkle on the cooked mushrooms. On the other half, sprinkle on the halved tomatoes. Press both mushrooms and tomatoes lightly into the cheese.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes pastry could go crazy and puff up in areas here and there, but don’t worry! It’ll be fine.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the goat cheese crumbles on both halves. Allow the pizzas to sit for 10 minutes. If there are any big air bubbles/puffs, just give them a little smush or wait and they’ll calm down.
- Sprinkle on basil, slice into pieces, and serve!
Please follow and like us: