Ultimate Crab Dip
from Coconut & Lime
It’s summertime, which means the devouring of tons of seafood in our house. Growing up on the Gulf Coast of Texas, I can’t imagine my life without seafood being a part of it. I made this for the 4th of July and have been craving it since. I think another batch will be whipped up at Warncke Haus this week.
- 16 oz blue crab claw meat
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Old Bay
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 shallot, minced
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the cheddar cheese until they are evenly distributed. Or, if you are like me and you hate mincing yet don’t want any chunky shallot bits in the final dip or want make sure the ingredients are fully incorporated, place all of the ingredients EXCEPT the cheddar and crab in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Then stir in the crab.
- Spread into a 8×8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese in an even layer. For bonus points, shake a bit of Old Bay on top of the cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.