Recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half (can also use milk or coconut milk)
- 1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar, or to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- Add the butter to a pot over medium heat and let it melt. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Add the garlic and onions and stir to cook for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and onion mixture. Stir to combine, then stir in the curry powder. Cook the mixture over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour in the chicken broth. Stir to combine and cook for a minute to thicken. Add the half-and-half, sugar and some salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the apple. Add the apples to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes. Taste, adjust the seasonings and serve!