recipe courtesy of weightwatchers.com
This blue cheese dressing was seriously awesome. I added more black pepper than it called for and a pinch of salt. It’s quick, easy, and far better than anything out of a bottle. Note: I used a mix of romaine, radicchio, and frisée for the salad.
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 bunch(es) arugula, baby variety
- 1 head(s) romaine lettuce, roughly torn
- 3 medium pear(s), cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, blue cheese, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- Combine arugula, romaine and pears in a large serving bowl; drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and serve.