Things I Learned at Austin ComicCon 2012
- A cheap wedding dress + a Star Trek communicator does not a costume make.
- One can have too much Bazinga.
- Sir Patrick Stewart puts a sweater on one arm at a time like the rest of us.
- Craig Parker lets his fans sing Time Warp in his Q&A.
- It’s easier to spot celebrities if they’re carrying a large bag of BBQ.
- Ghostbusters are really popular again? (At least in Houston.)
- Barbie dolls can do very disturbing things to one another.
- If Commander Data wants us to do “the wave”, we do the wave.
- Levar goes commando when he wears jeans.
- If you are a man and you insist on wearing your Wonder Woman costume, take the time to shave your chest…please.
- $85K worth of Starfleet uniforms traded for Kitt car = buying 2 Star Trek action figures and getting a Riker one for free
- Having a Klingon wear tights and a hat with a feather doesn’t make him one of Robin Hood’s Merry Men. It makes him a Klingon pimp.
For some great pictures of the convention, head over to Do512’s Flickr page (they run through page 31).
10/30: More pictures:
Please follow and like us: